SRK Cave Mining Forum Workshop
Sunday 14 October 2018 | Simon Fraser University, Morris J. Wosk Centre for Dialogue | Vancouver, Canada
This forum will be hosted by SRK Consulting (Canada) Inc. immediately prior to the Fourth International Symposium on Block and Sublevel Caving.
About the workshop
This interactive and informative Cave Mining Forum workshop will explore both the technical and practical aspects of rebahilitation in cave mining operations. The workshop is designed to assist mining personnel involved with operations to face difficulties in cave mine rehabilitation.
Who should attend?
Mine managers, mining engineers and geologists, mining supervisors and operators, mining contractors and consultancies and mines inspectors may benefit from attending the workshop. The workshop attendees will also benefit from the ACG workshop, specifically focused on ground support techniques.
- Types of ground instability challenges in sub-level and block/panel caving mines – past experience
- Uncertainty and risk assessment of the cave mine project
- Rehabilitation methods
- Economic evaluation – is it worth it?
- Case studies
For further information, please contact Alice Huynh via firstname.lastname@example.org.
ACG Ground Support in Cave Mining Workshop
Thursday 18 October 2018 | Simon Fraser University, Morris J. Wosk Centre for Dialogue | Vancouver, Canada
This interactive and informative ACG workshop will explore both the technical and practical aspects of ground support in cave mining operations. The workshop is designed to assist mining personnel involved with the design and implementation of cave mining ground support.
Who should attend?
Mine managers, mining engineers and geologists, mining supervisors and operators, suppliers of ground support equipment, mining contractors and consultancies and mines inspectors may benefit from attending the workshop.
- Block/panel caving undercut level support strategies and practices
- Block/panel caving extraction level support strategies and practices
- Sublevel caving ground support
- Drawpoint construction and support
- Ground support in rockburst prone conditions
- New products/suppliers’ session
- Chris Chester, Newcrest Mining Limited, Australia Ground support strategy for rockburst prone ground
- David Cuello, Newcrest Mining Limited, Australia Extraction level ground support design for post-undercut in high stress and hard rock environments
- Mollie Poulter, Newcrest Mining Limited, Australia New dynamic support unit at Telfer operations
- Corey Kamp, New Afton, New Gold Inc., Canada Extraction level ground support in convergence areas
- Dr Carlos Quinteiro, Luossavaara-Kiirunavaara AB (LKAB), Sweden Ground support at Kiruna Mine
- Jim Lindsay, BASF Corporation, USA
- Alex Campbell, Beck Engineering Pty Ltd, Australia Managing geotechnical hazards in sublevel cave mines through design, sequence and support
- Erik Rorem, Geobrugg North America, USA New developments and applications of dynamic chainlink meshes and associated MESHA unrolling device
- Chris Griffiths, Golder Associates Ltd & Fajar Januar, Freeport McMoRan Inc., USA Forecasting ground support replacement using corrosion and strain
- Adrian Berghorst, New Concept Mining, Canada Qualification of dynamic ground support – current and future trends
- Mike Rispin, Normet Group, USA Reinforcement, support and equipment innovations for caving mines
- Juan Pablo Ruiz-Tagle Jara, Mas Errazuriz, Chile Implementation of mechanised installation of ground support in rockburst areas
- Sami Talu, Rio Tinto Australia Ground support designs for cave footprint and learnings from the failures of various Rio Tinto cave mines
Professor Yves Potvin
Australian Centre for Geomechanics, Australia
Refreshment Break Sponsor
Sponsorship opportunities are available for this workshop. Click here for more information.
Click here to view the list of attending companies.